I took April off from the Monthly Round-Up because…well not much happened! But May was pretty awesome so lots to catch up on! 🙂
- HOPE CAME TO IRELAND! Yes my niece Hope and my sister Trish came to visit for a couple of weeks and it was fabulous! Trish’s best friend Karen also came for a few days so we went sightseeing around the Irish countryside of Mayo and Sligo!
- Then we had Hope christened and had a wonderful day. We christened her in my mum’s home town and then had family and friends back to the house for food and yummy cake. It was lovely because it’s not often we have the whole family together so it was nice to get pictures with my sisters and parents all together. I was Godmother along with Karen and my brother in law Jon was Godfather! My besties Caroline and Niamh came too which was awesome.
- My BFF Niamh also turned 30 this month so we had a fab night out celebrating in Sligo with Prosecco and some more yummy cake. Niamh looked amazing and it was great to celebrate with her and besties Tonia, Aoife and Caroline too!
- I went to the launch of Irish author Kate Kerrigan’s new book THE LOST GARDEN. It was a great night and wonderful to be there as I helped research and edit the book. I also got to meet my first blogger in real life, Margaret from BleachHouse Library which was awesome! My bestie Tonia came too and we went to an amazing BBQ restaurant called Pitt Bros where I had pulled pork and Mac and Cheese for the first time. OMG delicious. If you’re ever in Dublin, check it out!
- I discovered two new show obsessions…Make It or Break It which is about gymnastics and is all angsty and full of drama and I adore it! Hart of Dixie is my other new show, I had tried it when it first premiered and it didn’t grab me but so glad I gave it a second chance because I am in love, I adore Lavon and Lemon and Tom and shipping Zoe and Wade hard not to mention pinning all the style ideas from the leading ladies on Pinterest! Fashion heaven! Does anyone watch these shows too?
- It was Gypsy’s one year anniversary and I miss the little poppet so much. <3
- Ella and Gracie had their first birthday/Anniversary with us since we adopted them (technically in June but whatever). They didn’t get birthday cake tho because they are on diets so have resorted to licking the dirty plates when we’re loading the dishwasher!
- Speaking of diets, If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know I started the Tone It Up Bikini Series in May and am now on week six! Tone It Up are an amazing fitness duo called Karena and Katrina who offer free workout videos and schedules (like Blogilates) and I am loving the workouts. Seeing changes and getting so much stronger. If you want to get in shape for summer, check them out! You won’t regret it!
Blog posts this month
- The Romeo Club by Rebecca L. Purdy | Review
- Claudia Carroll | Interview
- Before We Met by Lucie Whitehouse | Review
- Secret Crush of a Chalet Girl by Lorraine Wilson | Review
- Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros | Review
- Transcendence by Shay Savage | Review
- Girl in Love by Caisey Quinn | Review
This month I got…
Reckoning by Kerry Wilkinson – Thanks to Pan Macmillan for this one. Sounds like a fab new series!
Flashes by Tim O’Rourke – Thanks to Chicken House. Looking forward to participating in the blog tour for this later this month.
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman – Thanks Headline! Hearing great things about this from all my blogger friends!
Love Me or Leave Me by Claudia Carroll – I had the pleasure of interviewing Claudia this month and can’t wait to read this. Perfect for Summer!
Pretty cover! *drools*
I’ve wanted to read something by this author forever!
This sounds super cute!
EXCUSE ME WHILE I FREAK THE F*** OUT!!! Y’all know how much I LOVED Dangerous Girls, I’m pretty sure I book pushed it on a lot of you so I am so excited for this! *flails*
I can’t believe I still have yet to read a Jenny Han book! Praying this is a good introduction!
I have wanted to read this one FOREVER! Sounds like a perfect summer read!
I’ve heard nothing but good things!
This sounds fabulous!
I know…I can’t believe I haven’t read it either!
Another “I can’t believe I haven’t read it yet!”
Two “Road not taken” books otherwise known as Danielle Crack.
Yay! Another Cora Carmack! That reminds me I need to get off my butt and read Finding It already!
I squealed when this went on sale! I cannot wait to read it!
This sounds so cool!
You know I love me some Marked Men!
What did everyone else get?